Friday 24 June 2011

Bright & Breezy


I've been having a fair few issues with my crafting recently so now is a good time to invigorate it with some colours I'd forgotten about for a while.

Challenges:
Card Patterns Sketch
Shabby Tearoom Gingham / Spots
Simply Create Challenges 'Fly With Us'

I loved this Card Patterns sketch this week:


This card was orginally going to be shades of purple, but somehow ended up cream, yellow and aqua.

It was nice to use my new silky crush ribbon it is soooo lovely, and makes great ribbons. I'm also heavily obsessed with chipboard hearts, they are so cool and chunky and I can use them anywhere!
The border is die cut and the butterfly was a tag which I decorated up with pearls and stamens.




For the sentiment banner, I used a Pink Paislee journal card as I thought it matched the paper, and cut it up. The buttons were half handmade - I cut 3 circles out of chipboard and covered them in glitter, then glossy accented them. I just layered them up with a smaller paper circle and buttons.


Chipboard heart
Alpha stickers (a freebie :)
Silky crush ribbon, Bakers Twine, 4cm rose The Ribbon Reel
Buttons
Pearls
Echo Park gingham paper
Spot paper from Sweet Shoppe Designs



7 comments:

  1. Wow this is so elegant beautiful card. Glad you joined us at cardpatterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Fran, I love the colours you've used and those roses are fab aren't they x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. its gorgeous . thanks for joining us at Simply Create

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous Fran, love the colours!

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous butterfly, thanks for playing with us at Simply Create.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Thanks for joining in at Simply Create - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete