Sunday 23 October 2011

Lime Aid




At Daring Cardmakers we have this fab sketch by Kathy to play with this week. I really enjoyed playing with this sketch, and using lime/ lilac from  The Ribbon Girl challenge.

I wanted to go for a grungey look with this one, using dark ink, ripped edges and grungey papers. I've used a cog digi stamp layered with a Coredinations 'Black Magic' die cut fancy circle, which I embossed and sanded (nope, I cannot stop the sanding!) then added texture by die cutting stars from leather and mesh ribbon, which I just clipped to a ticket (cut from Pink Paislee paper) with a mini peg. I've just layered and roughed up my edges and used some cool number strips and twill ribbon, which were both off cuts. To finish I added these cute Jenni Bowlin banner stickers on the side.



 



Challenges:
The Ribbon Girl  - Lilac & Lime





2 comments:

  1. fabulous fran..love your take on the colour challenge...thanks for joining in the fun at The Ribbon Girls...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Fran, I love that colour scheme, quite masculine and it really works well.

    ReplyDelete