Friday 31 October 2014

Creative Workout - Mixed Media Place

Hello love1ies! I'm back with you today with a project I created for the challenge over at  Mixed Media Place. Using black, white, grey and another colour of your choice....



...and as you can see I chose purpleas my colour...or should that be fuschia purple...?



  
I've been enjoying creating a few tags recently, as they are so compact they are a great way to try out ideas and experient. I've used washi tape, paper scraps as the base of the tag, adding some Finnabair Graphite Texture paste and mica flakes for 3D texture.



Look at that shimmery paste, isn't it stunning?


The giant jigsaw piece has been painted with heavy gesso, which was coloured with Dr Martins India Ink in Red Violet, adding tulle net, an Invild Bolme bulb (which I've altered by painting and stamping "shine" onto) and an old screw. I really like how this quick little project turned out, the colours are singing loud and clear to me!!


Happy pumpkin day,

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Strong, full of expression and those textures! Wow! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those textures are awesome!!! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Fran, thanks for playing along with us this month at Mixed Media Place; I love your tag ! Lots of lovely textures and grunginess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete