Saturday 9 January 2016

Freedom

Hello friends!

I would like to start off by wishing you all health and happiness for 2016 and hope you had a good festive break. My first project of the new year sees me getting my fingers very inky with this art journal cover for Mixed Media Place.


A new year is upon us and it's that time of the year for fresh starts and resolutions. Starting a journal at the beginning of the year is a great way to file and all those ideas, plans and thoughts don't you think?  And I think the word "freedom" is one of the most imprortant when it comes to creativity.
 

My journal cover has been inspired by the freedom of nature and outdoors. I've chosen warm oranges, greens and a hot red to spark things up. I have used Black Heavy Gesso as a base paint for the cover and added torn pieces of book pages adhered onto the surface with Soft Matte Gel. 3D Gel and stencils have been used to add dimension and details around the adges of the book.


 I created texture by layering fabric off cuts, tree bark from a birch tree along with other natural elements and bringing them all together with inks and spray mist.


The spine of the album has stenciling details, scraps of fabric and a feather tied onto a metal ring pull.


I hope this has inspired you to get your journaling fired up :) Have a great weekend!



Warm hugs

2 comments: